Friday, May 10, 2013

About This Blog (Intro)


Hi, my name is Stash and I love movies!  They are a major hobby/obsession in my life and I try my hardest to go out and watch as many as I can find.  My range for films has no limits; I'll watch new releases, old releases, classics, cult classics, color films, black & white films, silent films, drama, comedy, horror, fantasy, adventure, action, sci-fi, western, animation, foreign, avant-garde, long films, short films, beloved films, hated films, and anything in between.  Seeing tons of films means tons of opinions, but sadly there are few people I know who share this passion and as such I'm usually stuck with these opinions in my head.  This is why I've decided to start this blog, so that I will be able to express my thoughts and ideas on film.

The idea I've come up with (for now at least) is to write at least one review per week on either a new release that is in theaters at the moment or a film out on DVD from that same year.  Now this doesn't mean I'll be writing a review right on opening week, but I will write it as soon as possible.  I also should make clear I won't be able to see every film that comes out (due to time restraints, money, restricted releases, etc.) but I will try to write a review on any I missed when they come out on DVD (I might write more than one if I get the time).  I will also on occasion create other film related posts, such as: older movie analysis/reviews, looking at film history, top ten lists, talk on film actors/actresses, etc.  The major ideas for writing this blog are:
1. To introduce/expand the readers knowledge on the many different films, eras, actors/actress, directors, and genres all around (as well as piquing their interest in something they may have not been initially interested in seeing).
2. To persuade or reveal a different mindset on a certain film or film related topic (for example; convincing the reader to watch or re-watch a film he/she thought was bad).
3.  To write something that is enjoyable and interesting for both the readers and me.

Now starting next Monday I will be posting a series of different posts relating to new releases, older films, and film related ideas so that anyone interested in reading my posts can figure out if they will want to continue reading more or not.

Thank you!

Very Popular Posts